General Truck Rules
A. IF A VEHICLE IS FOUND TO BE ILLEGAL, THE PROTEST MONEY IS RETURNED TO THE PERSON MAKING THE PROTEST. IF THE VEHICLE IS FOUND TO BE LEGAL, THE PROTEST MONEY IS GIVEN TO THE PROTESTED VEHICLE’S OWNER.
B.THE OFFICIALS & THE PROTESTED PARTY ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE ALLOWED NEAR THE VEHICLE DURING A PROTEST INSPECTION.
C. ANYONE CAUSING A DISRUPTION DURING A PROTEST INSPECTION WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
D. TECH OFFICIALS HAVE THE RIGHT TO TECH/INSPECT ANY VEHICLE AT ANY TIME WHILE THE VEHCILE IS ON THE EVENT GROUNDS.
4x4 street truck must have a hitch height of 26” maximum height to the top of the hitch.
Pro Street Small Block 4x4 Truck 5,500lb & 6,500lb
1. Trucks must be operated in a safe manner at all times and all personal body parts must stay inside cab while truck is pulling. No riders in or on the truck at any time. Must have a qualified driver in the truck at all times when engine is running. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
2. Truck must be equipped with 4 point racing harness. Must have fire extinguisher within arms reach of driver and securely mounted. Driver must wear single layer fire jacket and pants. Driver must also wear helmet.
3. Trucks must be equipped with DOT approved tire. Max tire size is 35x12.50 or equivalent metric size. No dual wheels. No Modifications allowed. No grooving, recaps, paddle or bar tires ect...
4. Universal Joint shields are required over all u-joints and must be at least 4 inches long. Made of minimum 3/16 steel or 1/4 inch aluminum and centered over U-Joint. All drive shaft lengths over 30 inches long including those with carrier bearings must be equipped with 3 drive shaft loops made 1 inch wide, 3/16 steel or 1/4 inch aluminum or rigid half inch rod. Each loop must be 360 degrees around drive shaft.
5. All hitches must be safely and securely mounted and rigid in all directions . Hitches may be adjustable. Hitch opening must be at least 3.75" x 3". Minimum hitch point from center of rear axle must be 36 inches. Hitch mounting point must be no more than 36 inches forward of rear axle center. Hitch must be mounted horizontal not vertical. Hitch mounting may not be more than 3 inches above frame rails. Maximum hitch point of hook height is 26 inches. No hydraulic Hitches. Safety Hitch and safety bars according to PPL rules.
6. Front end weights allowed buy not to exceed 60 inches from center of front axle to forward most point of weights or weight bracket. Maximum width of weights or bracket is 80 inches. There should be a metal tab welded to center of front and rear axle to hook tape measure to. No weights inside the cab. Any loss of ballast parts, excessive fluid, ect. except due to breakage will be grounds for disqualification unless done after forward momentum has stopped.
7. Gasoline only. No diesels. All forms of nitro methane, including NOS are illegal as fuel and fuel additives for pulling. All oxygen carries and combustible accelerators are illegal. No Q16 is allowed.
8. No turbo chargers or super chargers are allowed.
9. Drive train must be 1 ton or less. No 103 or 106 axles. Must retain full manufactured stock OEM frame. Ladder bars, suspension stops and solid rear mounting is allowed. Motor and axles must remain in stock OEM locations. No motor plates is allowed. Must be full size truck on full size frame. Body and frame must be same manufacture. No altered or narrowed axles. Must have working front brakes. No drive line brakes. Wheel base must remain OEM for regular cab long bed per manufacture. Max wheel base will be 133 inches.
10. Dual Disc Clutch allowed. Must be operated by clutch pedal. Must have stamped steel pressure plate cover, ie: Mcloud, RAM, ect.. No crower-glide or full centrifugal clutch of any kind. Transmission and transfer case must be stock OEM with OEM gears. No aftermarket gear kits or cut gears in trans or transfer case. Clutch trucks must have SFI steel fly wheel and bell housing with all bolts installed. Automatic trucks must have SFI fly wheels and safety blanket or transmission shield. All manual transmissions must have 5\16 chain fastened to trans and to the frame to prevent the transmission from rotating. Only iron case 4-speed manual transmission is allowed and must be OEM.
11. All trucks must have working back up lights and park/neutral safety switch in transmission. Light must be in center of truck/tailgate and no more than 6" from off center. Must be activated when transmission with trans shifter. No toggle switch activation.
12. All Trucks must have stock outside sheet metal including rear bed. Read bed must have OEM floor or minimum 1/8 inch sheet metal. No aluminum.
13. All windows must be stock glass and side windows must raise and lower. All door latches must be stock and operational from inside and out. Fire wall must be stock and unaltered. Headlights and taillights must be in original position but do no have to work. Any holes in the body must not present a hazard to pulling officials or any spectators.
14. Bolt-ons allowed include aluminum intakes. No sheet metal or tunnel ram intakes. Open headers are allowed.
Must be collectors type and must exit up through the hood or down toward the ground away from spectators.
Electric fuel pump, water pumps and fans are allowed.
15. Must have single carburetors. Can be any 4150 or 4160 style. Manufactured carb spacer, not to exceed 2 inches is allowed. Must have dual return springs.
16. No magneto or crank trigger ignitions allowed. No retards or computer hook ups. Aftermarket distributor and only 6AL ignition box allowed. Must be non-programmable.
17. Ignition kill switch must kill the ignition and electric fuel pump and must be mounted in center of truck tailgate no more than 6 inches off center.
18. Small block engines only. After Market Block Allowed. Must be OEM specs. No aluminum heads, iron production heads only.
a. No Hemi Heads
b. No Bowtie Chevy
c. No LS Chevy
d. No W/2 Dodge
e. No SVO Ford
f. No 351 Cleveland
No special high performance or special production heads. Cylinder heads must be retain stock port location. Engine cubic limit is 408 C.I. Roller cams is allowed. No roller cam bearings. No dry sumps. No vaccum pumps. No aluminum rods. Must be push rod style engines. No overhead cams. Lifter bores must retain stock OEM for engine make. Maximum valve size 2.02 intake and 1.0 exhaust.
19. Dampers must be shielded 360 degrees or SFI approved. A deflection shield is required on both sides of the engine. Shields must extend the complete length of the block and from frame upward to bottom of valve cover and be securely fastened and made of 1.25 inch steel.
20. All Trucks must have tow hook on the front of the the truck. Hook may be a drop style. Max width of D to be 4 inches and may extend beyond the 60 inch max from center of front axle.
21. All trucks will be inspected prior to pulling. Officials have the right to inspect the truck at any given time. All Official decisions are final.
22. Any interference from the truck driver, crew, friends or family on the track or anywhere in the pulling grounds will be grounds for disqualifications. Any participants may be subject to a breathalyzer test. No alcoholic beverages allowed. Anyone caught drinking is subject to disqualification.
2wd Modified 472 Cubic Inch Max Naturally Aspirated
5,500lb and 6,500lb
1. Only one carburetor allowed. Stock bore center only. No high pressure fuel system. 12 psi max. No electronically controlled fuel system.
2. Gasoline only. No alcohol, no oxidizer.
3. Special Hitches allowed. Maximum hitch height is 28". Hitch must a minimum of 28" from center of rear axle point to hitch point. Eye hook must be 3.75" x 3".
4. No trick hitches. Draw bar must be rigid in all directions
5. Open exhaust is allowed(must point in a safe direction)
6. No dual wheels
7. Planetary rear ends allowed.
8. Weights must be secured safely. No weights in the cab
9. If truck bed is cut out, bed cover is required
10. 472ci is engine limit. No aluminum blocks. No magnetos.
11. No tunnel Ram manifolds or sheet metal intakes
12. Maximum frame length: 15ft from center of rear axle to further most point at front of vehicle. Tow hook excluded from 15ft measurement. Tow hook not to exceed 6" beyond 15ft frame measurement.
13. Fiberglass bodies allowed. All trucks must have front and rear fenders. No tube frame chassis.
14. 4wd can't pull with driveshaft removed
15. DOT approved tire and cut tires allowed. Maximum DOT tire size is 19.5x44. Maximum bar tire size 34.00x18.00
16. No batteries or fuel tanks in the cab. All fuel tanks must be in bed or back of vehicle.
17. All 2wd trucks are required to have wheelie bar on them. The bars must be put on as Stated in NTPA rules. The NTPA rules states the bars can't be any closer than two inches to the rear wheels and six inches from the dirt if behind the wheel and ten inches if under the frame rail They must have a 4"x 5" pad on the bottom(no wheels).
Approved Cylinder Heads
a. Chevrolet(General Motors)
Any conventional cylinder head with 24 degree valve angle
The following are NOT allowed:
1. Pontiac or any Pontiac style
2. Oldsmobile or any DRCE cylinder head
3. Ray Franks 12 degree spread port or similar head
4. Brodix big duke or similar Brodix heads
5. Dart Big Chief or Similar heads
6. Ford Thor
The following are considered legal
1. Cobra Jet, Super Cobra Jet, A 429 Style
2. Blue Thunder
3. A-460, Ford Motorsports or Trick flow
Any Cylinder head that doesn't have canted valves
18. All Decisions by track judges/tech officials are final
Street Stock Diesel Trucks
This class is designed for beginner level pullers.(tune and exhaust only)
Can have NO sled pulling modifications such as weight bar bracket mounts, bump stop mounts, or modified receiver hitch mount. We will allow traction bars.
8500lb Hot Street Diesel 4x4 Truck
Hot Street Diesel Truck class is design for Full Bodied Diesel Pickup Trucks.
All vehicles entering in this class is subject to a 30 minute road test to determine if street ability is questionable.
Weight is run at a max of 8500lbs
Ballast: Ballast is permitted. Front hanging weights is allowed. Not to exceed 60 inches forward of center of front axle. This will be measured from center of front wheels to furthest most point of the weights or weight rack. Absolutely no weights inside the cab.
Batteries: Batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be located in the driver compartment or forward of the radiator core support.
Body: Body must be OEM Truck Body, including full bed floor. Aftermarket bed such as service bodies, flat beds, ect are allowed. Body must retain full sheet metal. Metal or fiberglass aftermarket hoods are permitted. Hood must be closed and securely latched to vehicle while hooked to the sled.
Brakes: Four wheel hydraulic brakes are mandatory
Chassis: The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain full OEM chassis. Wheel Tubs, back half conversions, tube chassis, ect are NOT permitted.
Cooling System: Radiators must be in stock location and be at least of stock size and flowing water.
Compressed Gases: Use of any compressed gases is NOT permitted(Nitrous and propane). Air/CO2 tanks for front lockers are allowed, lines must be visable all the way from the tank to the differential housing.
Driveline: Transmission, Transfer Case and axles must be a option on one ton and smaller truck and in the location that the are suppose to be in(ie:rear axle housing can not be used for front end).
Steering: Vehicle must retain the full orginal OEM steering gear. The vehicle must retain the original OEM power assistance, if it was so equipped. Additional stabilizers are permitted. NON oem power assist methods are prohibited.
Suspension, Front: The upper mounting point for strut assemblies must be in the factory location. Adjustable caster/camber pillow ball mounts are permitted.
The lower control arm may be strengthened provided the factory mounting points to chassis are maintained. the lower mounting point for the strut assembly may be modified for improved caster or camber. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction Bars and devices are permitted
Suspension, Rear: An OEM style suspension is mandatory. Lowering or raising the vehicle height with suspension modifications is permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted, they must be Bolt on only, welds are permitted for attachment to the frame and axle housing. All OEM suspension mounting points must be retained and used. Sway Bars, Limit Straps and Camber kits are Permitted. The rear suspension may be solid, compression stops must be easily removed or adjustable. All rear suspensions must use at least one working shock absorber per wheel. Airbag assistance is permitted. Airbag compressors must be disconnected.
Tires: No studded tires, tire chains, or any tires not specifically intended for street use. Tires must carry a DOT number on the sidewall. No cutting or grooving or sipping allowed. Max tire height is 35 inches. Tire size must be molded on the tire. Dual rear tires are allowed. No Real wheels or other similar brands allowed.
Transmission, Automatic: Non OEM transmissions are prohibited. Any non OEM floor mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into a reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory. it is recommended all vehicles follow the safety guidelines.
*All transmission lines should be metallic or high pressure type hoses
*All vehicles using a Automatic transmission should be equipped with a approved transmission shield(SFI). A blanket type shield is permitted. It should extend from the rear of the block to the rear of the clutch housing of the transmission. The bell housing area is to be completely covered by a six inch overlap where it is fastened.
*All vehicles using a automatic transmission should be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI specifications.
Transmissions, Manual: Non OEM transmissions are prohibited. aftermarket internal components are permitted. A clutch meeting SFI specifications is recommended on all vehicles. All Manual Transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. It is recommended all vehicles follow the following safety guidelines.
*All Vehicles equipped with a manual transmission should have a flywheel shield meeting SFI specifications. Applications for which an SFI spec flywheel shield is not available you may use properly attached SFI blanket that completely covers the bellhousing, it must be attached to the block and extend to the transmission with minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened.
Water Injection: Water/Methonal Injection is permitted. No Nitrous or Propane.
Wheelbase: Vehicle must retain the original factory wheelbase and Max of 102 inch Track width.
Hitch: Must pull off a reese style hit h, mounted to the frame with no movement. Must have a 5/8" grade 8 bolt with nut to replace hitch pin. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle. Trick hitches are Prohibited. The hooking point must be in the rear most point on the vehicle and must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. Under no circumstance may the hook point be closer than 44" of centerline of rear axle. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Bumpers may be notched or roll pans may be in place of factory bumper. The hitch height from the ground must not exceed 24" on four wheel drive vehicles and 30" on two wheel drive vehicles. The hooking point must have a minimum of 3.75" inside diameter opening for the sled hook.
Intercooler: No air to water intercooler allowed. No iceboxes allowed on the vehicle.
Interior: A complete interior, including dashboard, door panels, headliner, ect is mandatory. Two matching front seats are mandatory. Aftermarket seats are permitted, they must be fully upholstered. All factory controls(lights, signals, horn, windows, wipers, ect) must be retained and operative. Headlights and fog lights will not be on when vehicle is on the track.
Rear end: Non OEM rear end housings are prohibited. It must have been an option in a one ton or smaller vehicle. Rear axle bolts should be covered by cap or shield.
Pro Street Diesel Trucks 2.6 Smooth Bore
1.Maximum weight 8000#
2.OEM Chassis is mandatory. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back half conversions, and tube chassis are prohibited. Must retain factory OEM
wheelbase for make and model of body, not to exceed 172 inches.
3.The body must be OEM truck body including the full bed floor. No flatbeds permitted. The body must retain the full sheet metal. After market hoods permitted. The hood must be closed and securely latched when hooked to sled.
4.Complete engine must have stock appearance except where otherwise noted in these rules. Maximum engine size will be 460ci. Engine must be in OEM location for the body used. Engine must have a 3/8 diameter cable surrounding the engine block. Cable is to be positioned between #1 and #2 cylinders and is to pass through manifolds. Cable will have 4-6 inches of slack. Two cable clamps at cable splice are required
5.Cylinder head must be OEM or OEM replica for brand of engine. Outside of cylinder head must measure factory width and length. No billet heads of any material. Head must retain factory OEM valve angle. No deck plates permitted.
6.Hook point to be no closer than 44"of centerline of rear axle. Maximum hitch height of 24" with a minimum of 3.75"x3" opening. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. The use of Reese style hitches is prohibited. Hitch must be centerline of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed 25 degree angle from pivot point to hook point. No hitch supports or adjusters fastened to rear axle housing shall be above center point of rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no further forward than the centerline of rear axle.
7.Turbo is limited to a 2.6" inducer bore. Bore must be smooth. No MAP Width Enhancement groove (MWE) allowed. Compressor wheel must protrude into 2.6" bore for 1/8". Bore will be checked with a 2.605"turbo plug. Plug must not be able to enter inducer bore and contact wheel. 53
8.All vehicles must be equipped with upward pointing exhaust located either directly behind cab or out of truck hood. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be placed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other and within 12 inches of turbo.
9.Front hanging weights are allowed, not to exceed 60 inches forward from the centerline of front axle. Ballast may be added in the bed of truck but must be securely fastened. Maximum weight 8000 pounds.
10.All trucks must have at least six inch wide u-joint shield around the rear u-joint constructed of at least 5/16 inch steel or 3/8 aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft. All shields must be securely mounted to vehicle. Any front shaft u-joints that can be visibly seen from side of truck must be shielded to contain the u-joint and the end of the driveshaft.
11.A fire extinguisher system is permitted. 2.5# fire extinguisher must be securely mounted within reach of driver. A complete OEM firewall is required.
12.All drivers must have valid driver license and full SFI fire suit including helmet. Seatbelt/restraint must be worn.
13.The complete OEM floor pan is mandatory. Vehicle must maintain a complete firewall. Additional gauges and pillar pods are permitted.
14. Hand throttles permitted. Diesel fuel only (See fuels page for specs) No propane or N02 or any other oxygen enhancers allowed
15. Maximum of one P pump up to P7100 allowed. 13MM plunger limit. Ag governors permitted. The use of multiple high pressure common rail fuel pumps is legal.
16.OEM rear and front ends required. Must have come factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle.54
17. Axle shields are required. Shield to be .060" thickness steel or aluminum. A hole may be cut in one shield to allow operation of hub lock.
18. Safety switch (rain cap or guillotine) must shut off air to diesel engines. Switch will be securely mounted to back of vehicle. A 2 inch or bigger solid ring must be attached to end of switch. Ring must be zip tied to switch bracket. Switch must also be able to be activated in cab while driver is secured in vehicle.
19.Hydraulic steering permitted
20. Suspension (Rear)- The upper mounting point for strut assembly must be in factory location. Adjustable caster/camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided the factory mounting points are maintained. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. Raising or lowering of vehicle height with suspension modifications is permitted but must be bolt on only. Welds permitted for attachment to frame and axle only. Blocked suspension permitted. No air bags. Rear suspension may be made solid.
21.Tires must be DOT approved with maximum size of 35x12.50. No studded tires or tire chains. No alterations to tires permitted. No bar or terra tires.
22. Dual wheels are prohibited.
23. OEM transmission and transfer case must be used. Must have come factory in a one ton or smaller vehicle.
24. Non-OEM transmissions prohibited. Aftermarket torque convertors, valve bodies, and internal components are permitted.
25.SFI bell housing and/or SFI blow proof bell housing or SFI blanket type shield must be used.
26. Water injection is prohibited.
27. Air to Air intercooler only. No cooling device allowed for intercooler. No ice boxes.
Limited Pro Diesel 4X4 Truck
1. Maximum weight 8000lbs.
2. The OEM chassis is mandatory. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back- half conversions, tube chassis are prohibited. Maximum wheelbase 158" and 102" maximum width (outside tire to outside tire.) Rigid suspension allowed. Hydraulic steering is allowed.
3. The body must be an OEM truck body, including the complete OEM floor pan and must retain complete OEM firewall. Complete bed floor, hitch is allowed to protrude thru the bed floor w/minimum amount of floor removed. No flatbeds permitted. The body must retain the full sheet metal, aftermarket steel hoods are permitted. The hood must be closed and securely latched while hooked to the sled.
4. Maximum engine size will be 460 cubic inch. Engines must come from factory in one ton or smaller diesel pickup truck. Engine must remain in stock location as intended 42
by manufacturer. Engines may be interchanged between manufacturers.
a. No aftermarket blocks permitted
b. Head must be OEM or OEM one piece cast replica for that brand engine. No billet heads of any material. Outside dimensions of cylinder head must measure factory width and length. Head must retain OEM valve angle.
5. Front of engine block can be no farther forward than 17" of center line of front axle.
6. Engine must have cable surrounding block and head. Cable must be minimum 3/8" diameter located between cylinders #1 and #2. Cable must pass thru manifolds. Cable will have 4-6" of slack with a minimum of 4 cable clamps at splice.
7. All engines will have a deflection shield, running the complete length of the block casting. Shield must be securely fastened and must be .060" thick. (This equates to a steel inner fender)
8. Hook point must be no closer than 44" of center line of rear axle, hitch height maximum of 26", with a minimum of a 3.75" X 3.0" opening. Hitch point must be easily accessed. No "trick" type hitches permitted. Hitch must be stationary in all directions. Hitch must be frame mounted. Hitch must be mounted center line of rear axle or behind. Hitch must not exceed a maximum of 25 angle from pivot point to hook point. No hitch supports or adjusters fastened to the rear axle housing shall be above the centerline of the rear axle. Pivot pin of drawbar can be no farther forward than center line of the rear axle.
9. Secondary hitch required. Minimum of 3/8" steel, located 12" below primary hitch on the same vertical plane. (You should be able to look directly through both at the same time – they need to be lined up.)43
10. The turbocharger is smooth faced intake housing, limited to a maximum of 3.0" inlet, (no map ring) with all air entering through the 3.0" opening. Intake wheel must protrude 1/8th inch inside of opening.
11. Exhaust must exit straight up, with (2) 3/8" bolts mounted in a cross pattern no more than 1" apart as close to the turbine wheel as possible, no more than 6" away from turbine wheel.
12. Intercoolers allowed. Dumping or draining intercoolers without a catch pan within 100 feet of competition track is prohibited.
13. Water injection is prohibited. All components must be removed from the truck.
14. Air shut off must have a cable that goes to the rear of truck operated by the sled operator and also one to the cab of the truck. Kill switch will be securely mounted to the back of the vehicle and have a two (2) inch diameter metallic ring to attach the sled.
15. Fuel Systems: Maximum of one P7100 pump, limited to one plunger per cylinder. The use of multiple high pressure common rail fuel pumps is allowed. Ford Powerstroke engine may utilize a second HPOP. Electronic fuel injection is permitted. A 3-way dump valve mounted before the injection pump is mandatory which can be operated by the driver while strapped in the seat.
16. No fuel lines or tanks permitted inside of truck cab unless securely mounted in marine box.
17. Fuel limited to diesel fuel. No alcohol, nitrous, propane or any oxygen enhancing agents allowed.
18. Must run DOT approved tire. Maximum tire height 35", no studded tires or chains. No alteration to DOT tires allowed. Dual rear wheels are permitted on rear axle only. Maximum of 6 tires.44
19. Front weights must be no more than 60" from the center line of the front axle to forward most point and be securely fastened. No weights are allowed in cab of the truck. If weights are located in the bed of truck they are to be securely fastened to the bed of the truck.
20. Drive train will consist of the following: Any front axle, any transfer case and any rear axle. No planetaries permitted.
21. Axle shields are required. Shield to be .060" thickness steel or aluminium. Shield not to be mounted to axle ends or hub bolts. A hole may be cut in one to allow locking in of hubs.
22. No cast iron clutches or flywheels permitted, must be SFI approved. Trucks with automatic transmissions, refer to General Rules.
23. SFI bellhousing blankets and/or SFI blow proof bellhousing required.
24. All U-joints must be shielded 360 degrees with 3/8" thick aluminium w/1/8" steel liner or 5/16" thick steel. Shield will be 6 inches long minimum and centered on u-joint. Inside diameter of shield will be no more than 2 inches larger than u-joint.
25. All intermediate shafts between the transmission and transfer case will be totally enclosed in 3/8" aluminium or 5/16" steel, ¼" of shaft may be visible.
26. Fire extinguisher (2.5#) or fire suppression system, Helmets-Snell 90 or better, SFI fire suits, head sock, gloves, shoes, and seatbelts required.
27. All other rules may be found in 4X4 Truck and General Rule sections.